RIVERVIEW CAR ACCIDENT ATTORNEYS
GET A FREE LEGAL CONSULTATION
Car Accident Attorney in Riverview, Brandon & Tampa, FL
- IHuman behavior and environmental conditions
- IDistracted driving
- Itexting or calling during driving
- IInappropriate turns
- IDrugs and alcohol, Driving under the influence (DUI)
- IVehicle vulnerabilities
- ITiredness of driver
- IDisobeying and ignoring signals from traffic
- IRoad Construction
- IWeather problems
Sometimes, carelessness in driving causes major accidents; one vehicle forces another vehicle into a third vehicle in the form of a domino effect-on highways or other major roads. To decide who was at fault, these chain reaction incidents can require a thorough investigation. If more than one party was at fault, there can be a complex lawsuit to determine which party was at fault.
In Single-Vehicle Collisions, there may be some instances in which the other party may be at fault. Another driver caused the crash, you had to swerve off the lane to prevent a head-on collision, a faulty car caused the crash, defective brakes triggered your accident, a wide pothole in the road, no appropriate road signs.
WHAT SHOULD YOU DO AFTER A CAR ACCIDENT?
- IGo to a safe location away from traffic if you or your passengers are not seriously hurt.
- ICall the officers to the scene and wait for them there.
- ICollect as much information as possible.
For insurance or legal purposes, you need as much information as you can get. You will need drivers’ and passengers’ names, license plate numbers, types of vehicles, parties involved, and insurance details. When you are waiting for help to come, take notes. Ask for their contact details if there are witnesses. Whenever possible, you can also take photographs of the scene and the property damages. When the police come, save the contact details of any responding police officers.
Be mindful about sharing with others the data of your accident. When talking about the particulars or any car accident, particularly the other insurance company, use caution as they will always try to get you to settle for a smaller price than you should. Contact an attorney if in doubt, significantly if you were injured in the accident.
A car accident can happen to anyone and that is why you should be prepared for this type of situation. This is especially true if you plan on pursuing your car accident claim on your own.
COMPILING EVIDENCE FOLLOWING YOUR CAR ACCIDENT
Insurance companies won’t cut you a check because you claim your car accident was caused by their policyholder, and juries typically need more than a heartfelt testimony.
Car accident lawsuits should be backed by real evidence. As a personal injury law firm in Riverview, we are speaking from a lot of experience. The auto injury lawyer you hire will start with a private inquiry to get a clear breakdown of the details of your accident. This investigation will be used to determine the at-fault party and assess the strength of your argument.
- IGo to the crash scene to obtain evidence (if still applicable).
- IInterview witnesses and document their responses.
- IObtain pictures and videos of the area, the accident, your injuries, etc.
- IGet written opinions from medical, fiscal, vocational rehabilitation, and life-care planning experts.
- IWork to determine how the accident happened with an accident reconstruction expert.
- IObtain your employer’s pay statements.
- ICollect all the medical records related to your accident.
Types of damages that you might be entitled to include:
- IHealth Costs
- IMedical Practitioners’ Fees
- ITransportation Costs
- IHospitalization Costs
- IRehabilitation Costs
- IIncome Lost
- IOut-of-Pocket Expenses
- IDecreased future earnings
- ISuffering and discomfort
- IDecreases in quality of life
The next step in building your personal injury case will involve establishing the negligence of the at fault party. Four essential elements of negligence must be present before anyone can collect liability from a personal injury lawsuit in Florida. Those four elements are:
- Duty of care: It was the defendant’s duty to take appropriate precautions to protect you from being harmed.
- Breach of Duty: The defendant has not fulfilled their duty to provide for you.
- Causation: The defendant’s breach of duty caused your car crash.
- Damages: You suffered physically, mentally, and financially from the car crash.
HIRE A TRUSTED AND LOCAL RIVERVIEW CAR ACCIDENT LAWYER/ATTORNEY
WHAT SHOULD YOU DO IF YOU THINK YOU HAVE A CAR ACCIDENT CASE?
If you or a loved one has been involved in a car accident, go local. You can contact a Riverview car accident attorney by calling (813) 563-6463.