SLIP AND FALL ACCIDENT LAWYERS IN RIVERVIEW & TAMPA, FL
RIVERVIEW SLIP AND FALL ACCIDENT LAWYERS
GET A FREE LEGAL CONSULTATION
Slip and fall accidents are quite common in Riverview and one of our areas of expertise as a personal injury law firm. It’s a common cause of injury for men and women of all ages. While we may not need to worry about ice here in Florida, a slippery floor isn’t the only risk factor you should be aware of.
Our personal injury lawyers often work with clients that were injured as a result of defective stairs or poor floor maintenance in professional environments. Following a serious fall that results in injury, the property owner would likely be liable. This is when you should contact our slip and fall accident lawyers.
If you or someone you love has been injured in a serious fall as a result of property owner negligence, here are the steps you need to take.
AN OVERVIEW OF SLIP AND FALL ACCIDENTS
According to the centers for disease control and prevention (CDC), over a million Americans are seriously injured in a slip or fall every year. Of these, nearly 17,000 people end up dying from these injuries. When floors are not properly maintained by property owners, the results can quickly turn deadly.
Our slip and fall accident lawyers will tell you that injury severity depends on several factors. These include the composition of the floor, the presence of unsafe equipment, and the number of people in the area.
Slip and fall injuries account for nearly 15% of all job-related injuries in Florida. That means that about 12% to 15% of worker’s compensation expenses go to these types of injuries. Our personal injury experts have two different categories for slip and fall accidents cases in Riverview:
- ISame-level falls
- IElevated falls
CAUSES OF SAME LEVEL FALLS
- IOily or slippery floors
- IUneven terrain
- IObjects lying on the floor
- IUneven elevation
- ICracked terrain
- IDamaged or improper footwear
CAUSES OF SAME LEVEL FALLS
- Same-level falls are often linked to poor property management in workplaces and residential homes. They can be prevented with better housekeeping and organization in the workplace.
- Employees, when working in a congested workplace, should avoid distractions, such as using a cellphone.
- Managers should arrange proper lighting for workplaces to reduce the chances of tripping on random objects on the floor.
- Employees should wear suitable footwear, which does not impede movement.
- ILoss of equilibrium while working on a ladder.
- INegligent behavior while standing on top of a construction apparatus.
- IPoor equipment maintenance that causes malfunctions and leads to elevated falls.
- IEnsuring proper maintenance of construction equipment.
- IMaintaining a professional demeanor when standing on elevated construction equipment.
- ICritical equipment should be regularly tested and maintained.
WHAT COMPLICATIONS CAN SLIP AND FALL ACCIDENTS LEAD TO?
Along with the aforementioned consequences, slip and fall accidents can lead to other long-term complications for victims and their families.
If the fall is severe, the victim can develop long-term complexities in their body. The condition can then be exacerbated by another injury.
LEGAL PROCESS FOR SLIP AND FALL CASES IN RIVERVIEW
Our slip and fall lawyers will review each case based on its own merits. Legally proving fault requires careful evaluation of the property owner’s actions (or lack thereof) that can be used to prove their negligence.
This will be the first line of inquiry from our personal injury attorneys, because slip and fall accidents can easily occur as a result of carelessness on the injured individual’s part. To legally prove a property owner’s negligence in this case, the victim needs to prove that dangerous conditions were still present, and the owner was aware of them.
Your attorney will need to be able to prove that conditions were dangerous, but it wouldn’t have been something you could have anticipated entering the environment. Once that has been established, they’ll need to provide evidence that the property owner was aware of the dangerous conditions.
One of the following conditions must be true to hold someone accountable for a slip and fall accident in Florida:
- IThe property owner must have either deliberately or unintentionally caused the dangerous conditions (cracks, loose debris, or slippery floors) and decided to hide it.
- IThe property owner knew about the dangerous conditions but took no action to fix them.
- IThe dangerous condition persisted on the property for a long enough time for a reasonable person to discover and rectify it.
If one of the above conditions are met, the property owner can be legally held accountable. You should not hesitate to contact a slip and fall accident attorney if that’s the case.
HOW CAN OUR SLIP AND FALL ACCIDENT LAWYERS HELP YOU?
Hiring a slip and fall accident lawyer can help you manage the situation efficiently. Our legal team has significant experience handling injury cases like these and we can help you get the compensation you need to cover your medical bills.
Our personal injury attorneys will help you claim compensatory damages, whether monetary or punitive. We offer free legal consultations for slip and fall accident cases in Riverview.
We’ll examine the conditions involved in your case and determine if we can help you claim damages.
SEEK IMMEDIATE MEDICAL ATTENTION
Do not wait! Seek immediate medical attention following a slip and fall accident. These type of falls can cause serious injuries which aren’t immediately apparent; your health should be your immediate concern.
The next thing you need to do is contact our slip and fall accident lawyers so we can evaluate the situation and determine the parties’ liability on your behalf. This is not the type of case you want to pursue on your own. If you or a loved one has been injured in an accident, contact Calandro Law. We are located in Riverview and offer free legal consultations. Call us today at (813) 563-6463.